Reports > Report Fields
To start using reports, you will have to drag and drop data fields into the grouping and/or details level
- Data fields: They are categorised into task data, project data, resource data and calculations (explained below)
- Grouping level: Data of which your report will be grouped by
- Details level: The data of the grouped will be listed accordingly
Custom data fields open doors to a variety of advanced features. This week, we have released yet another new feature that is directly linked to reports and the custom data fields of resources and projects.
In custom data fields, one of the data type is 'Number'. This feature allows you to calculate this number in association with your tasks' Busy Time in reports. Only limited to resources and projects, this feature is perfect for a number of uses. For example, if you set Roger's hourly rate as €50, the report will calculate how many hours he has worked (Busy Time) and provide you with a number of how much to pay him for the duration of the report. This new feature is not an extension, but developed as a default feature in Ganttic's planner.
Below is a working example of the feature:
- Click on a resource
- Click on 'Add new field'
- Enter 'USD/hr' as the data label and select 'Number' from the data type dropdown
- Click on 'Save' and enter a number in the text field of USD/hr
- Click 'Save' again
- Open up an existing report
- Click on 'Select Report Fields' on the top left
- There will be a new data label named 'USD/hr X Task busy time(h)'
- Drag the data label into either the grouping level or the details level
- Click on 'Apply' to generate the data