IntroductionThere is no need to rebuild the Tasks of a Project manually and enter the parameters all over again. "Copy Project" function copies the entire Project along Tasks and Project settings, opening in an extra separateView/tab.
Must-know about this featureUsing "Copy Project" feature is handy if future Projects have mostly similar Tasks and/or Resources. Copying the Project and its Tasks while detaching the original Resources is an option too. There is no limit on how many Project copies you can create. This feature can be accessed only in single Project Views.
- Open a single Project View You can access them from the Project list.
- Click on "Copy project" icon on the top left And select the timeline placing of the copied Tasks.
- Click on "Create a copy" The copied Project is opened on another tab/view.
- Edit the title and select Data Field values Click on "Save" if done.
- The copy of the Project has been created You can see the second tab/Project View with the copied Tasks placed in the "UNASSIGNED TASKS" section. You can now reschedule Tasks to selected Resources manually by drag and drop or by using the + icons on the right of Resource titles.
In case of the "Start time of the first task" option you can set the start date of the first task using the calendar below. "Deadline 10.23.2020" option is based on Date type
Project Data Field that is used for visual Project Milestones.
If you want to detach the copied tasks from the original Resources then check the "Unassign resources" box. This will place the tasks to the "Unassigned tasks" section of the single Project View.