Ganttic allows you to filter your Tasks, Projects, and Resources by title or any other custom field related data, enabling a quick and direct way to retrieve a filter’s information easily. Filters are available in the Gantt chart area as well as for Reports. Use this feature as a search tool or save the Filter to the View to have the same perspective of a project each time you open the View.
Must-know about this featureThere's two ways for applying filters. You can use the search function or the label system to find needed items. Search is useful if you know exactly what you want to find. The label system is a good option if you need to have an overview of all items (mostly Data Fields) within specific areas (Resources, Tasks or Projects). Applying project filters with "IS" rule will hide all the projects that aren't linked to that filter while "IS NOT" rule will exclude this item from the Chart. Applying multiple Filters is allowed. On top, the filtered data can be organized by various Resource availability parameters and conditions.
- Click on the Filter icon This will open the filtering section.
- Select a suitable data set (1) and label (2) or use the search bar (3)
- Select the rule for the Filter from the list "IS" rule is selected by default.
- Select a Resource availability parameter and condition Click on the fields to open the list of options.
- Hit "Apply" (temporary) or "Apply & Save" (permanent) This will apply the Filter and display the results in the Chart below.
The rule "IS" will only include the Filter value. The "IS NOT" rule will exclude the Filter value.
Type in the numerical value of the condition.
On top of the Projects with "On hold" status the Chart will only display Resources that are underutilized (less than 100%) within the visible timeframe. This means these Resources are able to take in more assignments.
- Open filtering section and click on the "X" beside your Filter Click "Apply" or "Apply & Save" to remove the Filters.
If you want to remove multiple Filters at once, click on "Clear all" and then "Apply" or "Apply & Save". This will remove the Filter and closes the section.