IntroductionProject milestones are used in project management to mark the important dates on your projects' timelines. You can set milestones for your projects by adding a new custom field with a date value. Milestone feature is currently available with projects only. There's no limit regarding how much milestones you can add.
Setting a milestone for a project
- Open a single Project View That way you can access the project dialog.
- Click on the title to open the dialog This opens the project dialog.
- Click on the '+' icon to add a new data field Project Custom Fields dialog will open.
- Select 'Date (milestone') from the list below You can choose a different date for each project.
- Name the milestone
- Select a color That's the color the milestone will be displayed in the Gantt chart area.
- Click on 'Save' upon completion You'll see added milestone field in your Project's dialog.
Make sure to tick 'Show as milestone'.
Adding a value to a specific milestone
- Click on the field and select a date for your milestone
- You will see the milestone symbol(s) above your Gantt chart
You can repeat the steps to add 'End date' or other milestones. If you group your resources by projects you'll see all projects. To compare different projects' milestones simply collapse the resource column to make all projects' milestones visible.