Projects' Custom Data Fields
Same way as you can add custom data fields to Resources and Tasks, you can add them to projects. The field types are fixed: text, number, list of values (coloring), date (milestones), user, and link. The possibilities, on the other hand, are endless. We know it's a cliche, but really they are. For example, you can add pictures to your project with the link option, or add the contacts number trough the number option. Basically, if your projects have data that you need to fit into the planner, custom data fields are the way to do it.
Must-know about this featureYou can add custom data fields from project dialog. You can also add Milestones through custom data fields. The custom data fields you have added will appear in all of the project dialogs but you have to add a value for each project individually.
Add a Custom Data Field
- Open a single Project View You can do that from the project list or when the resources are grouped by projects.
- Click 'Add new custom data field' You'll find the '+' from the custom data fields section.
- Name the custom data field and choose a type We use 'List of values' in this example. If you choose another type, you can click save next.
- Add list values You can add another value by hitting Enter key.
- Click on 'Save' once you are done The field will appear in all of the project dialogs.
Through custom data fields, you can also add Milestones to your projects.
You can use 'List type' custom data fields for coloring tasks and to report project progress if the data field label is updated continuously.