Projects' Custom Data Fields
Same way as you can add custom data fields to Resources and Tasks, you can add them to projects. The field types are fixed: text, number, list of values (colouring), date (milestones), user, and link. The possibilities, on the other hand, are endless. We know it's a cliche, but really they are. For example, you can add pictures to your project with the link option, or add the contacts number trough the number option. Basically, if your projects have data that you need to fit into the planner, custom data fields are the way to do it.
Must-know about this featureYou can add custom data fields from project dialog or in the List View. You can also add Milestones through custom data fields. The custom data fields you have added will appear in all of the project dialogs but you have to add a value for each project individually.
Add a Custom Data Field
- Click on the folder/PROJECTS icon on the left sidebar
This will open the Projects List View
- Click on 'Data Fields' You'll find it on the top right of the list.
- Click on '+ ADD NEW' This will open the Data Field types section.
- Select a Data Field type We will make this example based on the List type.
- Give the Data Field a title and add the list values Click on 'Save' and hit the back-arrow
- The new Data Field 'Status' has been added to the bottom of the list Hit the back-arrow to return to the initial Project List
- Click on a title of a project to open the dialog and select a value from the list Click on 'Save' if done
Through 'Date' Data Fields you can add Milestones to your projects.
You can use 'List' type Data Fields for colouring tasks and to report project progress if the data field label is updated continuously.