Project Data Fields
Same way as you can add Data Fields to Resources and Tasks, you can add them to Projects. The field types are fixed: Text, Number, List (colouring), Date (milestones), User, and Link. The possibilities, on the other hand, are endless. We know it's a cliche, but really they are. For example, you can add pictures to your Project with the Link option, or add the contacts number trough the Number option. Basically, if your Projects have data that you need to fit into the planner, Data Fields are the way to do it.
Must-know about this featureYou can add Data Fields from the Project dialog or in the List View. You can also add Milestones through Data Fields. The Data Fields you have added will appear in all of the Project dialogs but you have to add a value for each Project individually.
Add a Project Data Field
- Click on PROJECTS icon on the left sidebar
This will open the Project List View
- Click on 'Data Fields' You'll find it on the top right of the list.
- Click on '+ ADD NEW' This will open the Data Field types section.
- Select a Data Field type We will make this example based on the List type.
- Give the Data Field a title and add the list values Click on 'Save' and hit the back-arrow
- The new Data Field 'Status' has been added to the bottom of the list Hit the back-arrow to return to the initial Project List
- Click on a title of a Project to open the dialog and select a value from the list Click on 'Save' if done
Through 'Date' Data Fields you can add Milestones to your projects.
You can use 'List' type Data Fields for colouring tasks and to report Project progress if the Data Field label is updated continuously.