Set Up Projects
IntroductionProjects are the second most important part of Resource Planning. First being the Resources themselves. We are fairly certain that you are planning Resources for multiple Projects at once. You might even call yourself a project portfolio manager. How can you do that if you don't have any Projects to plan Resources for? Let's sort it out! Remember that you can bulk import Projects as well as Resources, Tasks, and Data Fields. Speaking of which, make sure you add all the custom data you need to your Projects to give extra information to your team.
Must-know about this featureYou can add Projects using the sidebar, the task dialog, and in the tab of the list of Projects.You can also bulk import Projects.
Add a Project using the Sidebar
- Click on "+ ADD NEW" icon You'll find it on the sidebar.
- Select "PROJECT" from the list You'll find it below "CHART".
- Give the Project a name, add Data Fields or their values or edit other parameters You can do that in the Project dialog that popped up.
- Click on "Save" The Project is now open in a Single Project View. Start planning your Resources!
Add a Project in the Task dialog
- Plan a new Task or open an existing one You can do that by dragging and dropping a Task or clicking on one in the Gantt chart area.
- Click on Project drop-down menu Select "+ Add New Project..." from the list.
- Give the Project a name, add Data Fields or edit other parameters You can do that in the Project dialog that popped up.
- Click on "Save"
This is possible only in a Custom View as all new Tasks in Single Project Views are automatically assigned to that Project.
Open Project List View
- Click on "PROJECTS" on the Sidebar You'll find it under "REPORTS".
- You can now see all your Projects and associated Data Fields in a list Here you can search for, open, archive, dearchive, delete and restore Projects.
Add a Project in the list of Projects
- Open the list of Projects You'll see how to do that above.
- Click on '+ ADD NEW' You'll find the button next to the search tool.
- Give the Project a name, add Data Fields or edit other parameters You can do that in the project dialog that popped up.
- Click on 'Save' Open the Project that appeared in a single Project View to start planning.