Unassigned Tasks for Projects
For each project manager, there’s their own favorite way to create the project management schedule. There are the ones that still prefer to plan on a whiteboard. There are the ones that have found a resource planning template that works for them. There are the ones that plan create a work breakdown structure and then schedule the tasks using it. There are project managers that like to assign the resources right away and those that prefer to schedule the tasks first. In both custom and single project views there is a special section for unassigned tasks located on top of the chart.
Must-know about this featureIn a single project view, you have the "Unassigned" section on top of the chart. It allows you to schedule unassigned tasks and then assign them to actual resources later. This section is there by default for all single project views and can't be removed.
Schedule unassigned tasks to a project
- Open a single project view
Access the list of projects from the project list view.
- Schedule tasks to the "UNASSIGNED" section Simply drag and drop or use the + icon the right of the resource/unassigned title.
- Assign the tasks to actual resources by drag and drop or use the + icon the right of the resource/unassigned title.
- Click on the arrow on the left of the UNASSIGNED section to hide the info on the task bars. Placeholders are still visible (in grey).
Make sure to deselect the task from the UNASSINGED pool if you don't want to leave a copy there. Click on 'Save' upon completion.
- To make scheduling tasks-only easier you can replace the resource list on the left with task list. To switch over to task-based list
- Click on the flag icon on the view panel.
- All tasks for this project are now listed on the left but they're still there in the timeline.