Add A New Report
Reports are an essential part of resource planning. In Ganttic, we've made it easy and flexible for you to use. Simply select your desired data labels to the grouping and detail levels for a custom-made report. You can send out the reports that you save automatically.
Must-know about this featureYou can report any of the data fields that you have. You can use custom data fields for calculating hourly rates. You can save reports, export it to CSV or PDF or print it out directly from the planner.
Create a report
- Click on the '+' icon from the sidebar on the left This will activate the adding feature.
- Select 'Report' from the list A new tab will open with the reporting options.
- Give the new report a title You can do that on the report tab that opened up.
- Hit enter key to confirm You can edit the title at any time by clicking on it.
Select a type for the report
- Choose if it's going to be a task-, resource,- or project-driven Select an option from the left.
'Task-driven' is applied by default.
Task-driven reports will build selected report fields/information around tasks. This option gives the most information and is applied by default. A 'task-driven' report will look like this:
Resource-driven reports will build everything around resources. That means you'll see all resources, even when there's no data associated with them. This option is good to use if you need to have a quick look at who is scheduled and who is not in a specific time frame.
Project-driven reports will build everything around projects. All project-related information, whether scheduled or not, will be displayed. This option is good to use if you need to have a quick look at all projects to determine which ones are running/active and which ones are not used/inactive.
Select fields for the report'Data fields' section is where you'll find the data you can add to your reports. Data fields are categorized into Task Data, Project Data, Resource Data, and Calculations (explained below).
Drag and drop the data fields to the Grouping level you want data to be grouped by in the report. Details level is where you will drag and drop data you want to be displayed in a form of a table in addition to grouping labels.
- Drag and drop data fields into grouping and/or details level Depending on what kind of layout and sorting you need for the report, you can use both or only one of them.
- Once you are done, click on 'OK' This will confirm the data fields that the data will be grouped by and the data that will be in the details level.
- Next, select a time period for the report The left calendar is for the period start, the right calendar is for report period end date.
- Click on 'Show report' once you have selected the dates The report is now generated based on selected data fields and data levels.
Calculate hourly rates
- Click on a task This will open the task dialog.
- Click on '+' in 'Custom data fields' section This will open the custom data fields editing dialog.
- Enter a data label and select 'Number' from the drop-down menu Don't forget to click on 'Save' once you are done.
- Enter a value in the field you just created and click on 'Save' The value you enter will be used for calculations in the report.
- Open 'Reports' from the sidebar and open the report you have created You'll see that there's a new data label named 'Hourly rate/hr X Task busy time(h)'.
- Drag the data label into either grouping level or details level Click on 'Apply' to generate a new report with the calculations.
These fields will calculate values only for resource- and project-driven reports. Make sure to apply these before generating the report.