Add A New Report
Reports are an essential part of resource planning. In Ganttic, we've made it easy and flexible for you to use. Simply select your desired data labels to the Grouping/Totals and/or Details/Data Table levels for a custom-made Report. You can send out the Reports that you save automatically. Ganttic even updates the data automatically prior to that if default Shifting Time period is selected. Reports can be Task-, Project or Resource-oriented. Task-oriented Report will give the most information but it won't list unscheduled Resources and Projects. Resource- and Project-oriented Reports will also list unassigned Resources and Projects and leaves out Task-related data.
Must-know about this featureIn addition to fixed data (Task title etc), you can also report any of the Data Fields that you have and on top you can also report archived Projects, Holidays and Resource, Task and Project notes. You can use Data Fields for calculating hourly rates in the Report. You can save Reports, export it to CSV or PDF or print it out directly from the planner. All Reports created are private by default. To make them accessible to other users use the "Report permissions" section. You can manage all Reports in a list that can be accessed via REPORTS icon on the left sidebar.
Add a New Report
- Click on the "+" icon on top left This will activate the dropdown menu.
- Select "Report" from the list A new tab will pop-up with the Report Settings section already opened.
- Select a Report Type and if you want to include Holidays and archived Projects Make your selection by ticking the checkboxes.
- Give the new Report a name
Select Report Type
A Task Report will build selected Data Labels/information around Tasks. Only data from scheduled Projects and Resources will be displayed. This option gives the most information and is applied by default.
A Resource Report will build everything around Resources. That means you will see all Resources, even when there's nothing scheduled for them. This option is good to use if you need to have a quick look at who is scheduled and who is not in a specific time frame.
A Project Report will build everything around Projects. All Project-related information, whether scheduled or not, will be displayed. This option is good to use if you need to have a quick look at all Projects to determine which ones are running/active and which ones are not used/inactive.
All "Holiday" type Tasks and imported country-specific Bank Holidays are excluded by default. Include them on top of other selected data or build a Report to show Holidays only.All data of archived Projects are excluded by default. Include them on top of other selected data or build a Report to show data of archived Projects only.
Look to the left for Report Type and Report Data selection.
- Drag and drop Data Labels into Grouping/Totals and/or Details/Data Table level Depending on what kind of layout and sorting you need for the Report, you can use both or only one of them.
- Once you are done, click on "Save" This will confirm the Data Labels that the data will be grouped by and the data that will be in the level of the details.
- Next, select a time period for the Report The left calendar is for the period start, the right calendar is for Report period end date.
- Click on "Refresh report" The report is now generated based on the selected period, Data Labels and levels.
- Add a "Number" type Task Data Field (titled f.e. "Hourly rate") and enter the field value in numbers (hourly rate)
Select Data LabelsData Labels sections on the right is where you will find the data you can add to your Reports. Data labels are categorized into Task Data, Project Data, Resource Data, and Calculations (explained below).
- Custom information from Data Fields and Notes are included.
Calculate the Cost of a Project or a Task
- One of the data field types is "Number". Using this field with a number value gives you options to calculate numerical values in association with your tasks' Busy Time in reports. Only limited to Resources and Projects, this feature is perfect for a number of uses. For example, if you set Roger's hourly rate as €50 (using the "Number" type Task Data Field), the Report will calculate how many hours he has worked (Busy Time) and provide you with a number of how much to pay him for the duration of the task or the entire Project within the selected Report period. You can see "Hourly rate, € * Task busy time(h)" field among others. Please note "Hourly rate, €" is a "Number" type Resource Data Field.
- In the reporting interface, drag the Data Label (among others) into either grouping or details level
To get total cost per Projects (within selected Report period) simply remove "Resource Name" and "Task Title" labels. To limit the Report to a single Project, apply a Project-related Filter.