Add A New Report
Reports are an essential part of resource planning. In Ganttic, we've made it easy and flexible for you to use. Simply select your desired Data Labels to the Grouping/Totals and/or Details/Data Table levels for a custom-made Report. You can send out the Reports that you save automatically. Ganttic even updates the data automatically prior to that if default Shifting Time period is selected.
Must-know about this featureIn addition to fixed data (Task title etc), you can also report any of the Data Fields that you have. You can use Data Fields for calculating hourly rates in the Report. You can save Reports, export it to CSV or PDF or print it out directly from the planner. Task, Resource and Project notes are disabled for Reports. All Reports created are private by default. To make them accessible to other users use the 'Report permissions' section. You can manage all Reports in a list that can be accessed via REPORTS icon on the left sidebar.
Add a new Report
- Click on the "+" icon on top left This will activate the dropdown menu.
- Select "Report" from the list A new tab will pop-up with the Report Settings section already opened.
- Give the new Report a name
See to the left for Report Type and Data Fields selection.
Choose a Report type
- Choose if it's going to be Task-, Resource,- or Project-driven Report
- Drag and drop Data Labels into Grouping/Totals and/or Details/Data Table level Depending on what kind of layout and sorting you need for the report, you can use both or only one of them.
- Once you are done, click on "Save" This will confirm the Data Labels that the data will be grouped by and the data that will be in the level of the details.
- Next, select a time period for the Report The left calendar is for the period start, the right calendar is for report period end date.
- Click on "Refresh report" The report is now generated based on the selected period, Data Labels and levels.
You can find the options on the top right of the interface.
Task-driven Reports will build selected Data Labels/information around Tasks. This option gives the most information and is applied by default. A Task-driven Report can look like this:
- Resource-driven Reports will build everything around Resources. That means you'll see all Resources, even when there's no data associated with them. This option is good to use if you need to have a quick look at who is scheduled and who is not in a specific time frame.
Project-driven Reports will build everything around Projects. All Project-related information, whether scheduled or not, will be displayed. This option is good to use if you need to have a quick look at all Projects to determine which ones are running/active and which ones are not used/inactive.
Select Data LabelsData Labels sections on the right is where you'll find the data you can add to your Reports. Data labels are categorized into Task Data, Project Data, Resource Data, and Calculations (explained below).
Drag and drop the Data Labels to the Grouping/Totals level you want data to be grouped by in the report. Details/Data Table level is where you will drag and drop data you want to be displayed in a form of a table in addition to grouping labels.
- Add a "Number" type Task Data Field (titled f.e. "Hourly rate") and enter the field value in numbers (hourly rate)
- In the reporting interface, drag the Data Label (among others) into either grouping or details level
- Click "Save" to generate the Report