IntroductionWhen you are creating a report, you are actually creating a report template rather than creating report itself. Huh? You basically create a report template each time you select fields to report, add filters, and set your default period. All that is separating it from becoming a real template is saving it. Once you click on save, you are able to reuse the report template every time you need to generate a report with the same combination of report fields. Which means that the actual reports are the things you generate once you click on 'Show report' or once you export it or print it out. The things you see in the list of reports are the templates.
Must-know about this featureNo additional steps to adding a new report are needed for adding a report template than clicking on save. You can also use an existing report template to generate a new report.
- Open the list of reports from the sidebar You'll see the list of existing report templates.
- Add a new template or open an existing one You can do that by clicking '+ ADD NEW' or selecting a report and clicking 'Open'.
- Open Report Settings Click on 'Save as' to copy the report.
- A copy of the report is created Give the report a new title and/or edit other parameters.
- Open Report Settings on the right and click on 'Save' to save changes
- Click on 'Show report' to see the d You'll see the template you have created in the list of reports.