Adding resources is the first step to setting up your plan any resource planning tool. It is the core feature that activates everything else in your planner. With Ganttic's resources-first planning approach, you are able to see how work is distributed across your resources. This allows you to keep an eye on resources' utilization and which resources are free to take on more assignments.
Must-know about this featureResources aren't users. Resources could be anything from your staff, vehicles, equipment, locations and more. You can also bulk import resources.
Add a resource
- Click on the '+' icon on the sidebar and select 'Resource' from the list This will open the resource dialog
- Give the resource a name/label
- Click on 'Save' once you are done The resource will appear at the end of the resource list.
Add a resource in the list view
- Click on 'Resources' icon on the sidebar This will open the Resource List.
- Click on 'ADD NEW' You'll find the button next to resource list options.
- Give the resource a name/label Edit the custom data fields to include the resource in groups etc.
- Click on 'Save' once you are done The resource will appear at the end of your resource list.
Do note that resources can be people as well as machinery or vehicles or anything else that you need to plan for your project. That's the beauty of the resource planning tool you have chosen. You can schedule tasks for anything and anyone!