Ganttic allows you to filter your tasks, projects, and resources by title or any other custom data fields, enabling a quick and direct way to retrieve a filter’s information easily. Filters are available in charts and reports. Filtering resources is a good way to find a resource or a resource with a specific skill-set or a resource group.
Must-know about this featureApplying resource filters with IS rule will hide all the resources that aren't linked to that filter. Applying filters with IS NOT rule will exclude this item from the chart. Use it as a search tool or save the filter to the view to customize your resource planning experience. There's two ways for applying filters. You can use the search function or the label system to find needed items. Search is useful if you know exactly what you want to find. The label system is a good option if you need to have an overview of all items (mostly Data Fields) within specific areas (resources, tasks or projects).
- Click on the filter icon to open the search box and dataset labels You can find it on the view panel.
- Start typing your resource's title or other associated criteria The related search results will show up below.
- Select the filtering rule and check the resource(s) that you're looking Click on 'Apply' once you are done.
- Filtered resources will show up in the Gantt chart area in color Other resources won't be displayed.
Filters with IS rule will hide all the resources that aren't linked to that filter. IS NOT rule will exclude filtered item(s) from the chart. Select "All values including ' X ' to filter out all values that include this criteria.
If it seems like some of your resources are missing, check if there are any filters applied. Removing all the filters should make all the resources appear. If that's not the case, the resource might be deleted or archived.
Filter by labels
- Click on the filter icon to open the search box and dataset labels Dataset labels are placed under the search tool.
- Select a dataset And the data labels become visible below. Select one.
- Select the filtering rule (IS or IS NOT) and a value Click on 'Apply'
- Open the filtering section The number indicates how many filters are applied
- Click on the X to remove a single filter Hit 'Apply' when done
To remove multiple filters at once hit 'Clear all' > 'Apply'