Ganttic allows you to Filter your Tasks, Projects, and Resources by title or any other custom Data Fields, enabling a quick and direct way to retrieve a Filter’s information easily. Filters are available in Charts and Reports. Filtering Resources is a good way to find a Resource or a Resource with a specific skill-set or a resource group.
Must-know about this featureApplying Resource Filters with "IS" rule will hide all the Resources that aren't linked to that Filter. Applying Filters with "IS NOT" rule will exclude this item from the Chart. Use it as a search tool or save the Filter to the view to customize your Resource planning experience. There's two ways for applying Filters. You can use the search function or the label system to find needed items. Search is useful if you know exactly what you want to find. The label system is a good option if you need to have an overview of all items (mostly Data Fields) within specific areas (Resources, Tasks or Projects). Filtered items can be sorted by several Resource availability parameters and conditions (load %, available time, busy time). Multiple Filters are allowed.
- Click on the Filter icon to open the Search Box and dataset labels You can find it on the View Panel.
- Start typing in Resource's Title or other associated criteria
- Select the Filtering rule and select the Resource(s) that you're looking Click on "Apply" once you are done.
- Filtered Resource(s) will show up in the Gantt Chart Other Resources won't be displayed.
Filters with "IS" rule will hide all the Resources that aren't linked to that Filter. "IS NOT" rule will exclude Filtered item(s) from the Chart. Select "All values including X" to Filter out all values that include this criteria. Multiple Filters are allowed!"Apply" will add this Filter temporarily as it will be lost after switching between views, next reload or login. "Apply & Save" will save this Filter to the View permanently but can be removed manually at any time.
If it seems like some of the Resources are missing, check if there are any Filters applied. Removing all the Filters will make all active Resources appear. If that's not the case, the Resource might be deleted or archived. It's possible to de-archive or restore Resources deleted in the last 30 days (available for account admins only).
Filter by Data Labels
- Click on the Filter icon to open the Search Box and Dataset labels Dataset labels are placed under the search tool.
- Select a Dataset The Data Labels will become visible below. Select one.
- Select the Filtering rule (IS or IS NOT) and a Filter value Click on "Apply" or "Apply & Save" on top right.
- Open the Filtering section The number indicates how many Filters are applied.
- Click on X to remove a single Filter Hit "Apply" when done.
To remove multiple Filters at once hit "Clear all" (top right) > "Apply"
Filter Resources by Availability
- Open the Filtering section You can find the icon on the View Panel.
- Select a parameter
- Select a condition Click on the field to open the list of options.
- Insert a value for the condition The value can be a percentage (%) or hours (h), depending on the selected parameter.