Resources > Google Calendar Gantt Chart
IntroductionThe plans you made on are not restricted to the confines of Ganttic or your desktop computer. You can synchronize your Gantt charts with Google Calendar. Use this feature to manage your team without making them actually sign in to Ganttic. Keep your staff members updated on the go or make all plans in one place through Google Calendar app.
Must-know about this featureA new event will appear automatically in Ganttic when you create it in Google Calendar. Similarly, a new task will appear automatically in Google Calendar when you create it in Ganttic.
Automatic syncing works in both directions.
Two-way sync works with task titles only.
One-way sync means that if you add a project name, task custom field or notes related data in Google Calendar, it won't be exported to Ganttic but works vice versa.
Synchronizing a resource to Google Calendar
- Click on the title of a resource This opens the resource dialog.
- Click on the 'Sync' button below Select the data you want to sync.
- Select the data you want to sync One-way sync is a good idea if you don't want any data coming from Google Calendar to Ganttic. If you are syncing to an existing calendar you might want to consider one-way sync since all the exciting events in the calendar will be synced to Ganttic otherwise.
- Click on 'Apply settings'
- Click on 'Synchronize to Google Calendar' This will open a Google Calendar window.
Two-way sync is the one for you if you actually want to do some planning in the Google Calendar and create Google Calendar Gantt Chart. Any changes you make to the plans will be synced to Ganttic for others to see.
Regardless of sync type, changes to task dates and times are always two-way
(Ganttic > GCal, GCal > Ganttic) if the sync is active.
grant Ganttic rights to access your calendar. Make sure you are logged in to your
- Click on 'Allow' This will lead you back to Ganttic.
- Choose an existing calendar or create a new one, and click on "Start sync" After which you will be returned to the planner.
- Synced resources will now appear with a green arrow triangle icon in the chart view You can sync more than one resource to your Google Calendar.
Desynchronizing a resource from Google Calendar
- Click on the title of a synchronized resource This opens the resource dialog.
- Click on the 'Sync(GCal)' button in the resource dialog This will open the options for Google Calendar synchronization
- Click on 'Stop synchronization to Google Calendar" This opens a confirmation dialog.
- *Click on 'OK' to confirm The events that are already synced won't be deleted.