Resources > Resources' Custom Data Fields
Resources > Custom Data Fields
By creating custom data fields you can easily group your resources by custom values such as location, department, skillset and more. There's also existing field types: text, number, date, user, link. We will use 'List of values' as it's the only one to create custom resource groups. It helps you to categorize your resources and add specific data to them. To have a quick overview, you can later filter resources by these criteria and even save it to a view.Must-know about this
Create a custom data field for resources
- Click on the title of any resource This will open the resource dialog.
- Click '+' icon in 'Custom data fields' section This will allow you to add a custom data field.
- Give the data label a title The title will appear in all of the resource dialogs.
- Select a field type from the list We'll use 'List of values' as it's the only one for creating custom resource groups. Resource groups are a great way to have a better overview of your resources by different parameters they have. For example, if you are taking on a new project and are wondering if your designers have enough free time, a custom data field with a skillset is what you need.
- Hit 'Enter' on your keyboard for another 'NEW VALUE' box to appear That way you can add values to the list you can later choose from.
- Click 'Save' upon completion You'll be back in the resource dialog where you can see the new data field.
- Select a value from drop-down/add a link or a date/write the value in the textbox The type of data you can enter depends on the field type you have selected.
- Click 'Save' upon completion The data you have entered applies only to the resource you added the data to.
- At the top of any view, click on the view parameters icon This will open the options for the view.
- Select a value/group from the menu The groups are created using "List type" custom data fields and projects.
- Your resources are now grouped accordingly You can save the grouping to the view or selected another grouping option the same way.