Drag And Drop Scheduling
IntroductionCreating a task is the next step of using Ganttic after you've set up your resources. Tasks are essentially work or duty that needs to be done by your resources. Simply drag your cursor across the Gantt chart area to create a Task. You could also use Tasks as any type of holiday to block out a period of time so that work Tasks can't be assigned to resources on holiday. Planning resources can be problematic under unpredictable circumstances. Even after decisions are made, plans could change. Instead of spending time merging and unmerging spreadsheets’ cells, use Ganttic's Drag-and-Drop function for a quick and easy way of rescheduling and rearranging Tasks and resources. Adapt to any circumstance without a hassle.
Must-know about this featureYou can add tasks by dragging and dropping and using the '+' next to the Resource title. If you want to assign a Task to multiple resources, click on '+' next to the resources while the Task dialog is open. If you need to schedule many Tasks at once, you can also use the import feature.
Drag and Drop scheduling of Tasks
- Move your cursor to where you wish to start the Task in the Gantt chart area You can edit the start time later.
- Click and Drag the cursor to the right until it reaches the end point of the Task Release the click upon reaching to the end-point.
- Give the Task a title and choose a colour for it etc Edit the start and the end time if needed.
- Click on 'Save' upon completion The tasks can be edited once it is saved.
Add Tasks using '+' icon
- Click on the '+' icon on the right of Resource's title The Task Dialog will pop up.
- Give the Task a title, choose a color etc Set the Start and End time or other timing parameters.
- Click on 'Save' You can add/edit the Data Fields, color, Project and everything else later on.
- Move your cursor to either three-dotted side of the Taskbar A black arrow should appear in place of your cursor.
- Click, drag and release accordingly You can also edit the start and end date from the Task Dialog that pops up.
- Click 'Save' once you are done Or click Cancel if you want to disregard the changes.