Task Timing tools allow you to input selected aspects of the Task Timing (Start/End Date, Duration, Busy Time, Utilization % etc) while the rest will be calculated for you. Simply use any of the options in the Timing section to activate the selection and the rest will be calculated for you.
You can find all the options for Task Timing inside the Task Dialog of each Task. You are also in control of if the Task repeats itself and if the Task is an all-day one. If you use certain Timing option frequently then set it up as default from Settings > Task timing.
Must-know about this feature
Besides Start/End Dates and Times the Task Dialog will show the following Timing fields:
- Duration: The number of days in calendar time Non-business days (i.e. the weekend etc) and hours included.
- Busy Time: The number of business hours A numeric value that indicates Task Utilization. Based on business days and hours only.
- Task Utilization percentage: Business hours in percentages A percentage that indicates the Busy Time. Based on business days and hours only.
- All day: If enabled, the Task will automatically be adjusted to full day in length.
- Repeat: If enabled, it will activate Task Recurrence options. See details here.
All Task Timing scheduling fields (Start time, End time, Busy time, Duration, Utilization) are visible at one place in your new Task Dialog Window. Choose the ones you know and just fill them in and hit Enter/click outside the value area. Ganttic will then calculate the rest accordingly.
Green fields are active fields as well as your most commonly used Task Timing settings. To change your Task Timing default settings, visit SETTINGS > TASK TIMING (admins only) and choose the Timing option you use most commonly as your default. Grey fields are calculated by Ganttic according to filled info in Green fields.