Task Data Fields
IntroductionThe magical custom Data Fields! As you might know, you can add almost any kind of data to your resources and projects. Tasks are no exception. Since we know you schedule all sorts of assignments and bookings using the resource planning tool, we also know that all these tasks need different data to go with them. Using custom data fields, you can add links, connect users to tasks, add numeral data that you can later use in reports, add simple text values for comments etc or add list-type custom data fields for tracking task status and coloring. So yes, you do have quite a lot of options to choose from. If you are importing data, you can also import custom data field values but the fields have to preexist in Ganttic.
Must-know about this featureFor taskbar coloring, add list-type custom data fields. After you have added a custom data field to one task, the label will appear in all of the task dialogs. You still do have to add values to each task separately.
Add a Task Data Field
- Click on a Task This will open the Task dialog.
- Click on 'Data Fields' This will open the Task Data Fields edit dialog.
- Click on + ADD NEW This will open the Data Field type selection dialog.
- Select a suitable Data Field type
- Give the Data Field a title, type in one value at a time and click on 'Enter' You can edit the values later.
- Tick 'Show value on taskbar' to see statuses in text on the taskbar Otherwise, you can only see the value once you open the task dialog.
- Click on 'Save' once you are done You will be redirected back to the Task Data Fields dialog.
- Click on the back-arrow
- Select a value for the Task in the Data Field drop-down menu Click on 'Save' upon completion.
To rearrange the values, drag them up or down. To remove a value, click on the Bin icon on the right.
- Remember to add values to other Tasks as well.