IntroductionUsers are the central part of planning Resources since Users are the people that login to the tool and do the actual planning. Why do we have to explain such a simple thing in an excessively complicated way? Since Ganttic is mostly used for scheduling people, it's easy to come to the conclusion that Users you add are the Resources you are going to plan. That isn't the case. Users can be Resources but don't have to be. You have to add Resources and Users separately. Here you'll learn how to add Users.
Must-know about this featureUsers are not Resources. The same person can be a User and a Resource but you must add the User and the Resource separately. An Administrator has access to all functions and can manage the subscription. No need to specify Views, Reports, Projects and Resources permissions as the Admin can see and do everything by default. User permissions can be limited. Regardless of the permissions granted, regular Users can't access Your Account page to manage the subscription and billing details.
Add a User to Ganttic
- Click on "USERS" icon on the sidebar on the bottom left You will see the list of already added Users.
- Click on "ADD NEW"
- Select User type You can choose between "Administrator" and "User"."Administrator" has access to all functions. "User" access can be limited.
- Add first/last name, email
- Set a password The password you set is temporary, the User will be asked to set a new one via link provided in the email invitation.
- Select a time zone All Users can have different time zones. The planned Tasks will be placed accordingly.
- Click on "Save"
If you want to add the user with "Administrator" permissions then "User rights" section will not show up. Simply click on "+ SEND INVITATION" to send it to the specified email address. Otherwise click on "User rights" to specify permissions for Custom views, Reports, Projects and Resources.