Project Editing Permissions
Managing a project portfolio can be quite a task without someone stealing the resource you have allocated. That's the reason you can put a padlock on plans you have made. Ganttic allows you to choose general project editing permissions as well as editing permissions for each project specifically. The latter overwrites the first.
Must-know about this featureProject editing permissions of a specific project overwrite the general project editing permissions. However, the user must also have the resource rights to edit the tasks of a project.
General project editing permissions
- Hide project details The user can open single project views however the projects' details are hidden.
- Read projects Projects' details can be viewed however the user cannot edit them.
- Edit projects The user can view as well as edit the projects' details.
- Add and Edit projects The user can add new projects, edit and view existing projects' details.
Set editing permissions
- Go to the list of users You can access it through the sidebar on the right.
- Click on the user whose permissions you want to edit Doing so will open the permissions menu.
- Go to 'RIGHTS' You'll find it from the menu on the left.
- Select the fitting option under 'General project rights' Click on 'Save' once you are done.