IntroductionYou can create an endless number of different types of custom reports using fixed and custom data labels, filtering, automation, templates and build visual charts around them. The reports can be used to get a better overview of everything in a detailed way in the form of a data-sheet. However, sometimes it's better if only selected users can create and edit the reports in your account or access only selected few.
Must-know about this featureUsers without the 'Change report settings' permission can't save the filters, groupings, etc to a view. They can only see public views and associated data. View, report, project and resource permissions can only be specified for 'User' type logins as admins can see and do everything by default. Access to shared reports can be granted only after the reports are shared with the user from 'Report permissions' section.
Access to reports
- Public and shared reports
- Only shared reports The user is able to access, create and edit parameters of shared reports only.
- Click on 'Add reports' in 'Shared reports' section:
- Select the reports from the list and click on 'Select views':
- You can see the view appearing in the 'Shared reports' section below. Click on 'X' to remove the user's access for this shared report:
- Create and edit private reports The user is able to access, create and edit parameters of all private reports.
- Change report settings The user is able to edit all public reports, including the ones that are only shared with the user.
Click on 'Save report rights' icon to apply the permissions.