User Interface Improved
Categories: Ganttic UpdatesYesterday we completed first stage of total makeover of our user interface. We've been gathering feedback from our users and most of them are happy with functionality of Ganttic but saying that Ganttic is hard to learn. Mostly because of cluttered interface. Just too many buttons and choices to make. So we worked out a plan to unclutter it. Completion of the first stage means following improvements:
- Instead of slightly shaded column of today we have now red line marking present moment in Gantt area
- Small arrows for moving time range back and forward are hidden on the slider. To bring it out hover your cursor on the left side of navigation tabs
- Setting custom date range got much easier with picking start and end dates from calendars. Read more about this enhancement from our tour page
- Picking the option for color coding your plan is just 2 clicks now. The top-left corner of the screen has an icon of the color wheel. Click on it and the dropdown menu will allow you to choose a coloring option.
- Filtering resource groups or projects does not require to open a special window anymore. Type right into the filtering field (top-left of the screen again) and you'll have a choice of resource groups or projects, containing letters you typed, displayed.
- Taskbars got a nicer design. Not so round anymore.
Want to have a sneak peak about what's coming? Check out a screenshot below.